IIIT-D Sketch Database
The sketch database used in this research comprises three types of sketches:
- Viewed Sketch
- Semi-forensic Sketch
- Forensic Sketch database
- IIIT-D Viewed Sketch Database: It comprises a total of 238 sketch-digital image pairs. The sketches are drawn by a professional sketch artist for digital images collected from different sources. It comprises of 67 sketch-digital image pairs from the FG-NET aging database, 99 sketch-digital image from Labeled Faces in Wild (LFW) database, and 72 sketch-digital image pairs from the IIIT-D student & staff database.
- IIIT-Delhi Semi-forensic Sketch Database: Sketches drawn based on the memory of sketch artist rather than the description of an eye-witness are termed as semi-forensic sketches. To prepare this database, the sketch artist is allowed to view the digital image once and is asked to draw the sketch based on his memory. 140 digital images from the IIIT-Delhi Viewed Sketch database are used to prepare the Semi-forensic Sketch database.
- Samples of viewed and semi-forensic sketches corresponding to digital face images.
- Forensic Sketch Database: Forensic sketches are drawn by a sketch artist from the description of an eyewitness based on his/her recollection of the crime scene. In this research, a database of 190 forensic sketches with corresponding digital face images is used. This database contains 92 forensic sketch digital image pairs obtained from Lois Gibson, 37 pairs obtained from Karen Taylor and 61 pairs from different source on the internet. Here, we are providing web-links to 61 forensic sketch-digital image pairs.
Disclaimer: This database consists of images collected from the internet. These forensic sketch-digital image pairs are collected in same spirit and understanding as the PubFig dataset and the Labeled Faces in the Wild (LFW) dataset. Therefore, we are sharing the direct link to the face images. Researchers can use this database but are not encouraged to publish any images from the database due to privacy reasons. Copyright of these images are with the original creators.
- To obtain the password for the compressed file, kindly take a print out of the license agreement fill it up and send the scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "License agreement for IIIT-D Sketch Database".
As soon as we obtain the signed license agreement in scanned form, we would provide you with the access to our database.
NOTE: The license agreement has to be signed by someone having the legal authority to sign on behalf of the institute, such as the head of the institution or registrar. If a license agreement is signed by someone else, it will not be processed further.
The database can be downloaded from the following link.
This database is available only for research and educational purpose and not for any commercial use. If you use the database in any publications or reports, you must refer to the following papers:
- H.S. Bhatt, S. Bharadwaj, R. Singh, and M. Vatsa, Memetic Approach for Matching Sketches with Digital Face Images, IIITD-TR-2011-006, October 2011.